tiistai 6. tammikuuta 2009

The Day Of Massacre.

She had given name by her mother, her name was Fang. She lived in the wood leading peaceful life with her husband, two son's and one daughter. They wasn't ordinary (4-7 wolves) Wolf pack since there wasn't much Gray Wolves (canis lupus) around. Humans had killed so many. "Mum! Brothers are annoying me." Felicia was complaining biting Fang's tail angrily. Felicia was about two months old, she had almost white fur, little much grey here and there.
"You should defence yourself." Fang said and smiled. Felicia nodded and attacked her brothers, Seth and Brandon and they started to whirl arond in the snowy ground.
"Honey, I'll go to get some garbage for us to eat." Fang said to her husband Deathdance and left their nest. When she had travelled for a while she heard a voice she had never heard before. Roaming loud voice. Her curiosity awakened and forced her to take a look. A man, human with chainsaw was killing the trees. "Help us." The tree said just before it died. "Oh no.." Fang stepped back shaking faintly and baring her teeths. Human noticed wolf and startled. "It's going to kill me..." Human said and laid the chainsaw down, taking his rifle. "Leave us! Go away!" Fang growled holding her head and tail high making herself to look as big as she could.
Human shot her, but she didn't die. She whined from sudden pain and stepped back. That human had somekind of weapon what she didn't understand, but it hurted much and she was bleeding. White snow under her turned red. "Why you do things like this?" She whimpered and turned back to look at the human. She showed her teeths again. "Shoot..That thing didn't die!" Human said sweating and shaking and shot another. This time Fang collapsed to the snowy ground. First she felt pain, then she felt how her eyes closed and everything went dark. She was tired and felt giving up. "Don't hurt everyone.." She sighed and then died.
"I killed a wolf! Angry, wild wolf! It was going to kill me but I get it first!" Human yelled at policestation. "Oh my.. Wolves are such a beasts, they should be killed all at once." Police said and they went to look at the dead wolf, what human saw as victory, something what should be proud of. "I killed a wolf. I have power." His brains said.
"It was crazy! I swear it would have killed me!" He lied, or then he was just stupid.
"Good work. I can see that she have cubs somewere. Pups must be as insane as ther alphas. We must kill them all before they attack to the town." One police said and another confirmed: "my wife told that wolves have been intruding in the town and frighten the kids."
"That's it! We must protect our future and our chldren!" And they went to the forest, forest that used to be so peacefull and full of life. Now it was just balefully quiet and dark.
"Where is mum?" Seth asked from his father squirming around nervously. "I don't know.." He said, they all had heard the shots, but no one of them wanted to believe that something had actually happened. "That's it! I'm not waiting! I want to see my mum!" Felicia said and ran in the darkness of forest. "No! Wait!" Deathdance tried to stop her, but Felicia was quick since she was always runing from her mean brothers.
One policemen noticed her and shot quickly. "Come! I foud one!" He yelled to other people and they ran to look at Felicia, the helpless pup. "Ouch..Mum, help me.." She whined and then died.
"Felicia.." Deathdance said and horror of knowing what has happened went trough him. "We must leave our den.. Right now." He said trying to keep his emotions inside. He wanted to attack humans, tear them apart and enjoy the massacre, but he knew that killing them wouldn't bring his daughter and wife back. And he wouldn't even survive because humans had guns.
They lef their den. Brandon and Seth always did what their father said and no one of them said anything, only Brandon whined mournfully and held his head down.
But humans followed their pawprints and soon surrounded and killed them.

I made this epitaph to the Wolf who was brutally killed some day ago at New Year, or before. I'm not sure when it was, because the massacre made me feel sick even thought I did read it till the end.
If you want to help save the wolves by joining or donating to specialized organizations and activist groups that try to help the wolf thrive as a species. Join the Defenders of Wildlife, or the ASPCA or anything similar, and help promote the cause!
Or if you are interested even a little I recommend reading literature. Good and easy book with pictures of these beautiful creatures is Brother Wolf: A Forgotten Promise, by Jim Brandenburg and animal families, Wolves by Jen Green.
Thank you for reading.

XxRAVENxX

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

DEAD